With the nights drawing in and the weather getting colder, it's time to give your home a refresh for the coming months. We checked in with our interior designers to reveal this season’s key looks and tips on how to integrate them into your home.
1. Velvet: With its deep tones and rich textures, velvet is the perfect material for adding a touch of luxury home to both classic and contemporary interiors. Add statement pieces like a sofa for a bold look or, as an alternative, try cushions and throws if you only want to add a splash of velvet to your home.
2. Dark colours: Dramatic tones are key this autumn. Rich colours such as emerald green give your home an instant sophisticated spin and are all about the “more is more” maximalist look. For a luxurious look, combine this deep green tone with blush pinks and copper accessories.
3. Bold bathtubs: Colour can completely transform your bathroom. Adding a vibrant twist to your bathroom doesn’t have to be all about painting the walls. Bold freestanding bathtubs can have a dramatic effect and transform your bathroom completely.
4. Marble: Marble interiors have been trending on Pinterest for a while and show no sign of slowing down anytime soon. Typically used for kitchen countertops or bathroom floors, this stylish yet classic material is moving into the rest of your home in the form of candles, soap dispenser or even lamps, adding a distinctive elegant touch to any ambiance.
5. Copper: This elegant material can be used to make a style statement and add warmth to your home. From lampshades to saucepans and side tables, copper will add a contemporary touch and create a comforting glow in any interior.